Friday, April 24, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 8

RubyBioSmallThe voice diary of Ruby Astherion (hissing intentional).

Rublestrasza Astherion, daughter of the Lifebinder and Korialstrasz, protector of the Astherion family, and companion to a magus of the Kirin Tor was currently in the process of ranshacking the kitchen of Brantiela Lefault.

She was ravenous.

Laying on the table amid the debris of that morning's breakfast lay a star ruby that was glowing a dim red and was in the midst of recording her words:

"Brantiela really needss to resstock her larder!" Ruby said with frustration. "Thiss issn't even enough to lasst me until lunch!"

She continued in a slightly calmer voice: "Nevermind me... I've jusst been sso hungry the lasst two dayss. It'ss making me irritable. I really don't undersstand it... I've never felt thiss way before."

The sound of a cupboard door opening and of a little gnome ruffling through said cupboard could be heard for several minutes and then: "It'ss a good thing Bran iss a mage and can conjure food or I'm afraid I would be eating her out of hearth and home."

"It seemss to be worsse in whelping form. It'ss actually gotten so bad I'm nervouss to shift. I'm afraid I might eat ssomething I shouldn't... like ssomeone's cat... or maybe a... uh... ram." Ruby said with some embarrassment.

"Anyway... I met with Rhyss again a few nightss ago and her girlfriend Ssasssssy... ugh... I can never ssay her name! I'm beggining to think I wass right all along... I sshould have just continued to pretend I couldn't speak common."

"We had a very long and interessting talk and Ssa.... uh... Rhyss' partner seemed very ssweet for a death knight. That they have both found love even after death iss a comfort of a ssort. I am glad that Rhyss' hass her for it musst be a difficult condition... uh... death that iss."

"Yeah I don't know what to think of that condition either. It'ss confussing to ssay the leasst."

"We talked about many thingss but the most important wass they told me I need to be prepared to let Lamorra and Lakorra walk on their own one day. That wass a... difficult concept for me to grassp. Human hatchlings are so fragile. But they ssaid they will never develop the skillss to protect themsselves if I don't."

Ruby sighed. "At one point during the converssation I became sso panicked at the idea that I almosst ran home to check on them that very minute and would have if they hadn't sstopped me. I jusst get sso worried about them. I worry about ALL of the Astherionss... but the Astherion hatchlings mosst of all."

"If anyone hurtss either Lamorra or Lakorra I will kill them. No matter how long it takess." Ruby said a strange deadly seriousness in her voice.

"Yeah... I may have to work on that letting go concept a little more." Ruby added.

"In other newss I sstill need to journey to Wyrmrest with Kali and Bran... I sstill need to rejoin Rhune... and maybe it'ss jusst my imagination but I'd swear that ever ssince I regained whelping form I'm larger than I ussed to be."

"Ah ha!" Ruby exclaimed. "I think I've found Bran's resserve stassh. Sso that's all for now."

The sounds of a gnome crunching and munching on something could be heard and then a... click.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner