Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 7

RubyBioSmallThe voice diary of Ruby Astherion (hissing intentional).

Ruby began humming a tune... the music from the St. Patorick's party. "There... that'ss better."

Ruby giggled and then resumed: "I forgot to ssay it earlier but Rylass really wass a wondeful dancer himself."

"Sso after that I left the party and went to meet with Bran's albino drake...  her name is Kali. She took the form of a gnome too... and she had the most striking snow white hair. We had a very long talk... sshe told me of her people'ss hisstory."

"It's a very ssad tale. Apparently in many hatchings a single whelping will be hatched that iss pure white... of no color or purpose. These whelpingss are killed by the Dragonflightss for reasonss Kali still doesn't know. Sometimess thesse whelpings will manage to escape through either chance or through mismanagment by the Flightss. Over time these albino dragonss formed their own "flight". They live in hidden caves together and even built their own dragonshrine in imitation of the true dragonflights. But always the albinos are hunted by uss and their hidden sshrine was destroyed by my father Korialstrasz."

"There must be a good reason for that... I really don't understand why mother and father allow it. We're supposed to be protecting life."

"Sso it continued until recently when the Blue Dragonflight took control of their hidden cavess leaving the albinos with no home, no shelter, and no alliess."

"Which bringss them to me."

"They want an audience with mother. And they want me to make it happen. In exchange Kali will teach me how to sshapeshift at will. They jusst want a chance to make their casse for an alliance againsst the Blue Dragonflight and for land of their own afterward. A land where they can be left in peace."

"I believe they are ssincere. And sso I agreed on the condition they teach me firsst sso I don't have to reveal I can't control my own powerss. Which wass the whole point after all."

"Kali agreed... which ssurprissed me as sshe doessn't sseem the trussting ssort. Possibly my own ssincerity made an impression on her. I hope sso."

"The next part iss the wonderful thing I mentioned earlier. Sshe reached out and touched my head... and I could feel her mind connect with mine. I... FELT her. All her thoughtss and emotionss. And sshe felt mine. It wass incredible."

"Then... then the knowledge on how to sshapeshift was just there in my head. Jusst like that!" Ruby coughed for a moment and then continued: "Ok... not JUST like that. Even with the knowledge given to me the first few times all I did was change my shirt color as I had earlier that night."

Suddenly Ruby could be heard jumping on the bed in excitement: "But then... suddenly... I DID it! I really did! I shifted right back in my true form! Wings! Fangs! Talons! And a tail! Not to mention my beautiful shiny red scales. It was fantastic! Exhilarting! It jusst felt sso good to be mysself again."

More jumping up and down could be heard along with excited giggles. Then out of breath and still laughing she resumed: "Of coursse then I had to practice sshifting back. There were... ssome problemss with that too. My firsst attempt all I accomplished was ssummoning my shirt back... and let me tell you a whelping whearing a sshirt looks rediculous. Second try... ssame shirt but red. Gah!"

"I did eventually get it down though... with Kali's help. And now..."

The sound of flapping wings could be heard and Ruby bugled her triumph. "I'M MEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner