Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 1

RubyBioSmall

 The voice diary of Ruby Astherion (hissing intentional):

Rublestrasza Astherion sat at the moonwell in Stormwind Park. Currently she appeared in the form of a young gnomish woman with red hair, wearing very finely tailored clothes, and wearing a monocle that if one spent only a little time with her they soon found she was very proud of though she did not seem to need it particularly.

She dipped her toe into the water, then raising her foot high over the water again, she let it fall with a sudden splash. Giggling in delight she quickly gave a yelp as the water soaked her clothes.

"Right... clothing and water...  not a good mix. I miss my sscaless." the gnome sighed to herself.

Holding up a small star ruby in her hand she seemed to be talking into it.

"Anyway... my human ussed to write a journal and it alwayss sseemed to keep him centered. I could certainly use that now. So I sshall do the same in the time honored method my own people use. I sshall record my thoughtss ussing my own voice inside this ruby." she said seeming pleased with herself. "At leasst I have masstered one draconic ability."

"I only wissh the otherss were ass eassy. I have managed to breathe fire once in my whelping form but have been unable to repeat it.  It iss very frusstrating. I then managed to shift into this gnomissh form... but have been unable to shift back. I am stuck like thiss and I am ssoooo embarrassed. I can't let my human or any other dragonss learn of this. I'll never live it down. It'll be centuries and centuries of jokess... all good natured... but sstill annoying."

Ruby said firmly: "I'd really rather avoid that."

"I have told a few otherss however. I need their help. I told Brantiela firsst, and then Silnesstria, then Bondai, and finally Rylass. I hope no others will be necessary." Ruby smiles to herself then continued, "Each hass proven a good friend when needed however. Bonai and Rylass offered comfort and both amussed me greatly as well as teaching me thingss I hadn't realized about humanoid culture, though perhapss I sshould have."

Ruby continued: "Brantiela and SSilnesstria are trying to help me regain my true form. Bran's albino drake knows how to shift back and forth at will and iss willing to teach me, if I will talk on her behalf to my family. She wishes to join the Wrymrest Accord."

"The only problem is I can't talk to my family without them knowing of my... situation. I don't know what to do. I am going to have to think my way past this carefully. I feel I need to do thiss though... if only to prove to mysself that I am not a mere whelping anymore. I'm growing up and it's time I acted like it! I can sstand on my own four feet.... er... two...  whatever."

Ruby finished: "More later. For now I need to think my way through thiss."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner