Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 3

RubyBioSmall

 The voice diary of Ruby Astherion (hissing intentional).

Ruby was listening at the wall of her small room at the Lion's Pride Inn, trying to see if she could hear anything from her once noisy neighbors. Sighing the young dragon in gnomish form gave up and sat back on her bed. Taking a small star ruby from her pocket she began to speak into it...

"Well I don't think sshe's dead. I thought for a moment there at the end her heart may have given out but I think they're just assleep."

"Anyway I spoke with Rhune's youngesst ssister Rhyslaine yesterday. I wanted to talk to her before my new form was common knowledge. She sseems to have a sstrong dislike of dragonss of all colors and I wanted the chance to gauge if she was part of the Asstherion family in her heart or if she wass just ssome ssort of unliving horror before she could erect a wall between us."

"In sshort I think sshe is a very confused and bitter persson. But I think sshe also greatly dessires to be a part of this family once again now that sshe has found us. I think sshe is very lonely. And if sshe is telling the truth then sshe has good reason to be wary of my kind."

"I like her and I think sshe meanss well. But if she is telling the truth it will hurt my human just as much as if sshe were lying. All I know for sure right now is we need to watch over Rhune and Tana's mother Samantha very carefully until we know what is going on. If Rhyslaine ISS telling the truth then Samantha Astherion may be very dangerouss indeed."

"I asked Rhyslaine if she thought it had been a mistake to tell Rhune she was a death knight conssidering his reaction to that revelation. Sshe replied that he desserved to know the truth. Feeling guilty I told her who I really was. Sshe didn't react well to my deception or true nature but we talked for a long time and I think that even if she won't trust the Red Flight she may have decided to judge me on my own meritss. I think she came to like me at the end. I hope sso at least."

"I admit to having my own biasses. Death knights are the oppossite of everything the Red Dragonflight sstands for. But sshe is Rhune's ssister. I have to give her a chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner