Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 9

RubyBioSmall The newly minted Rublestrasza “the noble” was currently trapped high in the snow-covered branches of a tree located not far from the village of Kharanos. Only a short distance away children and adults alike were celebrating Noblegarden with candies, festive clothing, and cute bunnies. Ruby on the other hand was starring down at a very angry boar.

Make that an ENRAGED boar.

Looking down at the boar a little nervously Ruby sat very still, as she wasn’t sure her chosen branch was quite up to the task of staying attached to it’s tree while holding her weight. Her voice lacked her usual confidence as she spoke into a small star ruby: “Alright… sso my firsst hunting attempt could have gone better I admit.”

She sighed: “Actually… it couldn’t have been worsse without my being gored by my prey.”

“As the boar I had intended to be my dinner doesn’t seem like it wantss to go away and it may be ssome hourss before anyone wanders along in thiss direction I guess I had better catch up on my journal. It hass been a very interesting week.”

“The week sstarted with my running into Dahlia, a paladin within the Retribution of Arathor. Sshe aided me with putting down the latesst riot inside the Sstormwind Sstockadess. Afterward we talked and got to know one another a bit… it wass sstrange… it sseemed almost like she was a clutch mate… or perhaps from the clutch just before mine. She sseemed very wise and compassionate and we jusst got along very well together. I very much enjoyed our talk together… for the mosst part.”

“She is also very observant. Enough so that she discovered something even I didn’t know… I have a crush on Rylas it seemss.”

Ruby sighed: “I can’t help it… I jusst do. We just danced the one time and I don’t even know him! And he’s… well he’s not a dragon. It doesn’t make any sensse!”

Sounding frustrated with herself Ruby continued: “I’m just a silly whelpling who hass spent too long in this gnomish form.”

“Not that it matterss. He’s seeing someone… a priestess named Janaura. In fact I found out later that sshe’s pregnant with his child. Which… is good… I guesss. I mean that’s what I wanted right? That’s why I put him on my bloodline list.”

Ruby growled: “So why don’t I feel happy?”

“What is worse is that Rylas can tell something is wrong with me… and he wanted to talk to me about it. Yeah right… he’ss JUST the person I want to talk to.” Ruby said with a roll of her eyes.

“I think there is a reason whelplingss aren’t supposed to learn to sshift forms. I’ve progressed too early… I’m feeling things I don’t know how to handle yet.

Ruby began to shiver. “It’s begun to snow… the boar is still waiting for me below… I’m cold, hungry, and alone. Today is not my besst day. I hope someone wanders by soon.”

“I just hope it isn’t Rylas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner