Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 16

RubyBioSmall “We entered into a room that modeled all the environments of Azeroth: forests, marshlands, deserts, tundra, and more. Placed throughout the room were pedestals with statues of the Aspects themselves as whelplings. Blue, black, green, bronze... every Aspect was there except red whose pedestal was stood alone and empty.”

Ruby paused and then in an awed voice: “Looking at them I somehow knew these were carved during the time when the Aspects WERE whelplings by someone who was there when they hatched and who was there to see them grow.”

“Though the room and statues were beautiful there seemed to be no way to exit the room except the way we had entered. Katzghan suggested I stand on the pedestal that must have once been for the red dragon statue and not being able to think of any better ideas I did just that.”

Ruby falls silent for several minutes.

“It was...”

“I felt...”

Ruby trails off again sounding overcome by emotion. After several more minutes she clears her throat and continues.

“I saw... no... I WAS mother... Alexstrasza the Life-Binder herself... as a whelpling. We... uh... she... was so young but then so was the world itself. We played as whelplings often do with our siblings: the other Aspects. The focus of the game seemed to be a small sphere that was decorated with engravings of dragons. It was a joyous time and mother felt so much love for them... the depth of her emotions nearly overwhelmed me.”

“So yeah... that's where I get that from.”

“I'll never forget that moment. I've never felt so connected to her before. And seeing all of them playing together as siblings...” Ruby sighed wishfully. “I can't even begin to explain what it meant to me.”

“And then I was being pulled from the pedestal and the moment was over. A door seemed to have opened in the wall while I was enthralled by the vision of my mother. Pulling myself back together we stepped through the door and entered another large room.”

“A large but shallow pit filled the middle of the room. It’s floor was littered with egg shell fragments. Was this where mother and the other Aspects were hatched? Was this the room where our race was born?”

Ruby coughs: “I admit I… uh… may have palmed one of the red hued fragments.”

“Rising from the middle of the pit was a large pillar and hanging from chains just above it was a small sphere decorated with engravings of dragons. The very same sphere from my vision.”

“Shifting into whelpling form I flew up to the top of the pillar and with the help of Lyryll’s sprite darter hatchling we managed to get the sphere loose but it’s weight proved to be too much and we watched helplessly as it fell to the ground. The Life-Binder must have been looking after us however as Lyryll managed to catch it.”

“She pushed a button on the sphere and it began to make a clicking sound and then… the most beautiful music began to play. It was perfectly harmonious and I immediately called to mind the vision I had of the Aspects as whelplings playing, learning, and working together… they were unified. They were harmonious just as the Titans had intended.”

“Just as the Dragon Flights will one day be again.” Ruby said with determination. “In that moment I decided that it would be my life mission to see all of my kin reunited and once again serving the purpose we were created for.”

A clicking can be heard as Ruby pushes the button on the dragon sphere and once again it’s ancient and beautiful melody can be heard.

“Life-Binder preserve me. Why must I always choose the difficult path?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner