Saturday, July 4, 2009

Arcane Destiny Pt. 4

Note to readers: You should scroll down and read A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 13 before reading this post. 

RhunesWorkshopDolls and tonks lay scattered across the floor. Among the debris lay the sleeping forms of his twin daughters Lamorra and Lakorra as well as the whelpling he had named Ruby who was currently shifted into the form of a gnomish woman with red hair and wearing a somewhat rumpled but otherwise dignified shirt Rhune thought in approval.

It was official Rhune observed with a smirk: the twins could indeed tire even a dragon.

May 4th, 28th year after the Dark Portal

After long weeks our dear Ruby has returned to us intact and well. The girls were excited of course and even Rin seemed to cheer up some. But for myself I admit…

I am bursting with pride for her.

I have never heard of a dragon learning to shift as a whelpling. Though Ruby may have an advantage having lived among us her whole life and observing us so closely but it is still an amazing feat.

I think our little Ruby will be an impressive example of her race when she grows into a full drake.

That she picked a gnome as her form I find endearing. I would ask her why but I would not want to embarrass her or make her doubt her choice. I think I can guess in any case. She seems to really want to be seen as an adult but I think deep down she doesn’t want to stop being my little dragon, thus a compromise.

There is no reason for it, she will always be my dragon no matter the form she takes, but I love her for it anyway. And it does seem to suit her well.

It is so strange to hear her talking, to speak with her and then hear her thoughts on something. It is strange but wonderful. We have always been in tune with one another but this is so much better. Finally I can talk with my best friend.

I long suspected she could speak common though every time I asked her directly she would pretend to be asleep. But then she’s always been as stubborn as any Astherion by blood.

Or are we as stubborn as a dragon? I am not sure.

I would be angrier with her for not telling us where she was all these weeks if I hadn’t gotten Brantiela to fill me in. Part of me chuckles at Ruby being embarrassed to admit she couldn’t shift back to dragon form. But another wishes she had been able to come to me about it.

Once again we come to the pride and stubbornness of this family.

I am going to keep mentioning for a while how worried I was. I think that’s enough and will stop a repeat of what happened this time. She is very sweet and loving and I don’t think she deserves to be embarrassed over the matter. But Light help her if she vanishes without telling us again.

She used to sleep with Rin and I or with the girls. I guess she will need a space of her own now. I admit to wondering just what a dragon’s room might be like. It will certainly reveal a lot of her personality.

For now everything is right with the world. The Astherion family is fully reunited for the first time in months.

And that is more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner