Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 14

RubyBioSmall

“Oooh! That’s pretty Ruby… it matches your scales when in dragon form,” a young girl’s voice said sweetly.

“Where’d Ruby get that?” another young girl’s voice joined in.

“It’ss my star ruby… my voice diary… pleasse give that back Lamorra… I think you’ve accidentally turned it on…” Ruby responded sounding just slightly annoyed at Lamorra Astherion, one of Rhune’s twin daughters whom Ruby had sworn herself to protect with her life.

“But Lakorra hasn’t had a chance to see it yet.” Lamorra noted.

“That’s true!” Lakorra added.

Ruby sighed and then blinked: “Wait… don’t touch it there or it’ll start replaying…”

“Quiet down over there! Ssome of uss are trying to hear ourselvess think!” came Ruby’s recorded voice.

“Light! Yes… yes! Oh light!” an unknown feminine voice screeched.

Lamorra and Lakorra can be heard giggling. “Whose that Ruby? Did you record this at the Cathedral?” Lakorra asked with genuine innocence.

“Uh… yess… where elsse would I have?” Ruby answered with a blush, remembering her unfortunate stay at the Lion’s Pride Inn. “Now give me back my sstar ruby!”

Lamorra sighed and then said: “Alriiiiiight. We were going to go play with one of Dawsen’s tonks anyway.”

As the Astherion twins can be heard running away and giggling Ruby held up the star ruby and spoke: “Well that wass… a good reasson to hide my star ruby. What if Rhune had been here? I think I would have ssunk into the floor. Or wissh I could. Anyway jusst a quick update today because I need to keep an eye on the twins...”

“Sso I was sstill moping about Rylass and Januara and to take my mind of thingss I went to Dalaran to practice my jewelcrafting. At the blacksmith there I ran into a draenei woman named Astralle. We hit it off right away and I think even that firsst night we became good friends.”

“She wass determined to get my mind off of matterss and to do that she brought over a man… I guess she thought that would distract me or build my confidence but I didn’t understand what she was trying to do… I thought she’d brought the man over for herself… and so I was trying to talk HER up… while Astralle was trying to talk ME up.”

Ruby pauses a moment and then snickers: “It wass very embarrassing.”

“We did finally get things ssorted out and Sir Valkhan and I seemed to get along. Ssince then we have been on two dates both of which I’ve enjoyed very much. So I guess Astralle’ss plan worked because I’ve hardly even thought of Rylas since. I guess it really was just a silly crush.”

“Obviously I sspend far too much in this mortal form.” Ruby drily.

Ruby’s voice turns more serious: “Sir Valkhan seems to have disappeared of late. I hope he’s alright.”

“I’ve met another man named Anthus. He’s very ssweet and I feel very comfortable around him. I think we’ll be good friends. He’s a companion for the Golden Veil… which aren’t like harlots at ALL… because I guess they’re educated and listen. It’s like renting a good friend is the best I’ve been able to figure out.” “

Ruby continued: “But Anthus is still in training and can’t become a REAL companion until he getss hiss first customer. I’d really like him to ssucceed, even if hiss occupation is very strange. Sso I’m keeping an eye out for someone to be his first customer.”

“Meanwhile on the Albino dragon front the Albino elders haven’t decided if they trust my kin. I don’t think Kali trusts uss either.” Ruby says with a sigh. “I’ve offered that since they must prove themselvess by passing mother’s testss that they may ask of me something to prove our ssincerity as well. I’m still waiting for their response.”

“I hope they’ll give us a chance. I know I can make this work I just need them to give just a little!”

“Lastly the Midsummer Fire Festival has started and I’ve been training with an expert fire thrower on how to juggle… flaming torches! Just wait till Anthus sees me!” Ruby exclaims with a giggle.

A crash can be heard along with Lamorra and Lakorra both yelling at the same exact moment: “YOUR fault!”

“Ugh… well I gotta go. More updates later.” Ruby said before clicking the star ruby off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner