Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 10

RubyBioSmall Ruby sat on a branch high above the ground. In the distance she could see the merry lights of the town of Kharanos. Around her snow fell silently and she shivered in the cold. Below her growled a very large and temperamental boar.

Of course Ruby had tried to make the boar her dinner… so perhaps it was justified she thought to herself. Not that this made things any easier for her at the moment.

“It’ss starting to get dark… I don’t think anyone iss going to find me before morning. We might as well continue…”

“Mid-week Kali and I began our journey to Wrymrest Temple. We met at Valiance Keep and headed toward Amber Ledge first as I needed to make sure Red Dragonflight patrols wouldn’t stop uss. Avoiding the blues would be tough enough after all.”

“I was very nervouss… I’d never been to such a dangerous place without Rhune with me before and I still didn’t know Kali or her capabilities that well.”

“We crossed the bridge out of Valiance and entered what was once an Alliance village but was now infested with the Scourge. The horrors we witnessed there… we were quickly surrounded by ghouls and other forms of undead… cultists of the damned… and evils of all sortss. I was knocked unconscious during their attack. When I awoke Kali stood there unscratched and all the scourge were destroyed or driven off.”

“Obviously the albinos can take care of themselvess.” Ruby said with a chuckle.

The Boar squeeled angrily at her and Ruby stopped chuckling. “Yess… I hadn’t forgotten about you.” She said with a sigh.

“After escaping the Scourge we arrived at Amber Ledge and we met with a great sire of my people. Surristrasz was disappointedly arrogant. He had no liking of Albino dragons… nor the patience to speak with whelplingss.”

“At first I feared our trip would be for nothing but we did eventually strike a deal. If Kali and I delivered supplies that Surristrasz did not have the drakes to spare to deliver then he would schedule an appointment for us with the Life-binder herself.”

“We had no choice but to agree.”

“Our long journey to Wyrmresst then began. Yess it was filled with peril for we had to defend ourselves from Wolvars and Blue Dragonkin. But it was alsso filled with wonder as we rode on the back of a giant sea turtle to reach Dragonblight and met the Tuskarr, a mosst kind people.”

The whelpling’s voice then took a disapproving tone: “Kali and I then got into an argument… she claims the Tuskarr make good eatin’… can you believe it?! This munching on sentient creaturess really must end if the Albinos are to join the Accord.”

“After delivering the supplies to a Night Elven encampment in Dragonblight we journeyed the final stretch to Wyrmrest Temple itsself. We were taken sstraight away to see the Life-binder.”

“Mother sseemed surprised that I had learned to sshift so early. She seemed proud enough but warned that I wass going to have to deal with emotions and feelings I was not yet ready for even after having spent my whole life among mortalss.”

“Yeah… tell me about it. I think I discovered that on my own.” Ruby sighed.

“Then I introduced Kali and urged mother to accept the albinos into the Accord. Mother sseemed dubious at best and father wass outright against it. In fact Korialstrasz was rather… uh… firm on the matter.”

“We had a very…” Ruby coughs, “…lively discussion on the matter. I’ll spare you the details. Mother did finally offer them a tesst to gain admittance. Firsst they must gather the pieces of their shattered and lost dragonshrine and surrender them willingly to the Accord. Second they musst find a true purposse for their Flilght beyond jusst their own survival.”

Ruby snorted: “Kali took neither of those conditionss well. Even now I am not sure what Kali will decide. I really need to talk to her again ssoon.”

Down on the ground below the Boar squealed with rage and continued to stare up at the young whelpling in gnomish form.

“Uh… if I ever find a way down from here. I hope someone finds me ssoon. It’ss so cold here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner