Monday, November 23, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 24

Before_the_Queen

“Preserver Anthus Steelshatter, defender of the Red Dragonflilght and magus in service to the Life-Binder!”

Ruby giggled.

“Perhapss more grand than my beloved would care for but I have a right to be proud!”

Her voice was filled with a joy that had not been heard in some weeks, not since… Coldarra.

“My ssire is sstrong, cunning, and sskilled. But for so long now he has felt empty… feeling he should use his skillss for something greater. He had that desire even when I first met him. Perhapss one of the reasons I was attracted to him for a desire to serve something greater beatss in every true dragons heart.”

“Even the Retribution did not seem to satisfy this desire. And as bogged down as the Retribution has become in politicss and false smiless I cannot blame him.”

“And so after monthss of service to the Wyrmrest Accord as a freelancer he was granted an audience with the Life-Binder herself. Together we stood before the queen of all dragon-kind and he humbly asked to enter her service loyally and with honor for the rest of his life.”

“Now this is not completely unheard of for a mortal to do such a thing. In ancient times there were mortals known as the dragonsworn who served the dragonflights. Many suspect the descendants of these dragonsworn, after many generations near my kin, eventually became the wrymkin. In more recent timess many adventurers have worked for the Accord as freelancers in the Nexus War.”

“The Queen heard his petition and questioned him at length. Anthus stood up under the pressure despite his nervousness before entering the audience chamber. I wish I could say I held up as well. The Life-Binder still… uh… awes me. Just a little. Tiny bit.”

“Ok… Anthus had to tell me what happened afterward because I was too nervous to take in anything… and… uh…” she coughs before continuing, “Well… he… err… had to drag me off when the audience was eventually over. And I may have forgotten to bow on the way out… and I hope she wasn’t offended but I was nervouss and…”

“Ah, but we’re getting sside-tracked.”

“The Life-Binder asked me my thoughtss on the matter and I stammered out my response which I assume was filled with confidence and all those reasons I love and trust him… but which I for the life of me can’t remember because my mind didn’t register anything till I left Alexstrasza’s presence.”

“However whatever it was it seemed to help as the Life-Binder soon agreed to accepting Anthus’ oath of service and when my beloved did finally drag me away he did so as a defender of the Red Dragonflight!”

Ruby giggles again before concluding: “Perhapss I sshouldn’t be ssurprised. He’s won the heart of one dragon… why not the trust of another?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner