Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Dragon’s Whimsy Pt. 20

RubyblogFinal “Hello there again… I’ve been a bit lax on thesse voice recordings lately sso I’m just going to go over ssome of the things that have been happening briefly to catch up…” Ruby said and then paused as the sound of… something can be heard whining and growling.

Ruby giggled and then continued: “That’ss my new pet… Razzi. He’s my new raptor hatchling. I found the poor dear in Stranglethorn Vale after some trolls had wiped out the rest of his… yess…yess! I’m getting you food Razzi! Calm down!”

The sound of a knife chopping meat can be heard as Ruby resumes: “I have a full report to make to the Life-Binder soon about matterss relating to my duties to the Wyrmrest Accord. Thesse include an expedition to Grim Batol and the ruins of Capital City, and the latest on the problems with the Albino dragons. Expect a full update on those ssoon.”

The sound of a clay platter being placed on a hard surface can be heard, and then the sound of a knife sliding across a cutting board as it pushes the morsels of meat onto the platter, and then finally the sounds of Ruby’s hands being washed in water follows.

“Today I’m going to sstick to my personal life. I’ve met a lot of people lately including: Doderic… he’s really shy but always makes sure the Lost Traveler Tavern has strawberry icecream for me, Nesepha… she’ss shy too though she tries to pretend that she’ss not, Philomene… she’s a mute through choice and can be a bit stand-offish but I know she has a good heart, and Maesaeloria… a druid who I find to be very wise and serene, and a very gentle soul as well.”

“Doderic, Nesepha, and Philomene each seem to have problems with romantic entanglements…usually the lack of them. I’ve been trying to help them fix that in my own way. In addition I’ve been trying my best to help Philomene become a more ‘people’ person. I just know she’d be a lot happier if she thawed out a little and relaxed and I’ve seen some progress on that front already. She’s even wearing a dress lately.” Ruby says with a giggle.

The sound of the platter being placed on the floor and a very excited raptor hatchling can be heard. “There you go Razzi… that’s enough meat for even a dragon.” Ruby says with amusement to the raptor hatchling.

Ruby resumes for the star ruby recording: “The biggest development though is my relationship with Anthus. Ssince the last recording we have grown MUCH closer. We’ve been on a number of dates from diving from the waterfalls of Stranglethorn and hunting together in it’s jungles, to relaxing on the beaches of Teldrassil, to visiting Aerie Peak the home of his adopted family before their death.”

Ruby sighs in contentment: “We have grown so close I can no longer imagine my life without him to be honest.”

“I know not everything is ideal. Hiss short lifespan iss something I will have to come to terms with and we cannot have hatchlings together. Both of these things are unfortunate… especially so in combination with one another. I know Anthus dwells on these facts more than he should but I do my best to emphasize everything else and distract him when he gets stubborn about it.”

“I have grown very good at learning how to… uh… distract him.” Ruby says with a cackle.

“The truth of the matter iss that I love him. Nothing else matters anymore. He’s captured me heart and soul and there wouldn’t be anything I could do even if I wanted to. He’ss so strong, but kind and gentle. He’ss not afraid of his emotions like so many other mortals, which is good because I have a lot of my own and he is well equipped to deal with them. He doesn’t mind what he calls my “red headed fiery spirit” nor my draconic… uh… quirkss… but neither will he allow himself to be pushed around.”

“Matterss have grown serious enough that Anthus and I have told Rhune about our relationship. This went well for the most part… once I reassured Rhune that Anthus was an addition to my life and not a replacement for him. I still love Rhune and the Astherions as much as I ever did. I just… want what Rhune has with Rin. Or Tana with Adiros.”

“Rhune did however request Anthus always get me home by dawn. And by request he threatened to turn Anthus into a turtle if he didn’t.” Ruby sighed. Then added in a pout: “As if I’m some ssort of child!”

Ruby added in a fairly good, if high pitched imitation of Rhune’s voice: “As long as you live under my roof you’ll obey my rules…”

“Even worse Anthus agreed! Well we’ll ssee about THAT.” Ruby said firmly.

“I have yet to talk to the Life-Binder directly about my relationship with Anthus either. Our relationship is… not common among dragonss. I admit to being nervous about that conversation even though Anthus has been working hard on behalf of the Wyrmrest Accord of late.”

“Anyway that’ss all for now. More thoughts later.” Ruby said before a final “click” is heard and the stone shuts off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner