Monday, February 15, 2010

A Dragon’s Heart Pt. 6

rinandruby

The voice diary of the whelpling Rublestrasza sometimes known as Ruby Astherion (hissing intentional).

Sobbing and sniffling can be made out before the sound of a throat clearing and the voice of a heartbroken Ruby can be heard: “Rhune’s mate Sylerrinn iss dead.”

“Ssomeone took her away… stole everything sshe had or would ever be… like it wass nothing.”

A howling can be heard, a young, high-pitched funeral dirge that can only have come from the throat of a dragon.

“My poor human… oh Rhune what will become of you now?”

“We don’t know who… the Retribution of Arathor is sstill investigating… but we know it was foul play… we know it wass not Rin’s time.”

“Rhune issn’t well. I’ve been watching their twin daughterss… the only time Rhune seemss alive is when I bring Lamorra and Lakorra to him. Otherwisse he just sitss there. Alone. In the dark if I don’t light a lantern for him. He seemss to alternate between thinking sshe will somehow come back and scouring Northrend for her killer.”

“What worries me iss he hasn’t done the later. It’ss what one would expect from him in particular. But he hass no passion anymore. Even the fires of vengeance seem to have burnt out.”

“I… I don’t think he’d sstill be alive if I didn’t constantly bring the twins to him. I don’t know how to ssnap him out of it. He’ss losing weight. He’ss so pale.”

“I’m afraid for him.”

“For myself… I know I can’t go through thiss again. It iss more imperative than ever that my alliance with Vissic is successful. I have to ssave all of the others. Lryrll says I should ask anyone I intend to make immortal firsst… but… death iss… I HATE IT! I WON’T LET THEM GO!”

“NEVER AGAIN!”

“Sylerrinn’s killer has taught me everything I need to know about death. I hope to return the favor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner