Monday, December 28, 2009

Greaterfater Winter has come!

My favorite gifts that Santa brought me this year (i.e. my very loving family):

 

Elegant Dragon Ring in Sterling Silver

Dragon Ring: Imagine the ring with a very deep purple/blue stone depending on the light. I’ve named the dragon “Whimsy” of course! It’s my very favorite gift this year.

 

The Razer Naga MMO Gaming Mouse: It’s hard to get used to but once I do look out! Will I finally stop being a point & clicker? Hope so! It looks even sexier in person with the blue being daker and more eerie and the logo fading in and out. It looks like it has been enchanted. A mouse of the arcane indeed. Who needs engineers?

 

Product ImageProduct Image

Dragon Age: Origins: I’m all about storytelling and Bioware always delivers. However this time I’m told they have really upped their craft. I’ve barely started but already the lore is the most in-depth I’ve ever seen from an original setting with no prior games. Even only having dipped my toes in so far there is a feeling of being part of a truly epic story. The music, the character interactions, the lore, I think this is going to be something really special. And the mapmaker is supposed to be incredible. I can’t wait to tinker with that too!

In addition I got the collector’s edition of the strategy guide which includes 50 pages of lore that the normal version does not as well as additional pages with concept art, an interview with the creators, and it is also hardback. I mention it because it is the most enjoyable strategy guide I can remember buying. Though it has the usual walkthroughs a good portion of the book is dedicated to FUN stuff. Lore, tactics, character builds, and how to interact with the characters. And the production values are fantastic. I enjoy just looking through it.  The World of Warcraft strategy guides could learn a thing or three from this one. I highly recommend this version of the strategy guide to anyone interested in the game.

To everyone out there I hope you got the sugar plums you were dreaming of as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love your page layout...and meh...I have a character in a chat that should have a ring like that! Though...hm, perhaps with a symbol for Kord on it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

 

Design By:
SkinCorner