Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Dragon’s Heart Pt. 3

 RubyBioSmall

“Jusst a few ssmall updatess” Ruby spoke into her enchanted star ruby, beginning a new entry in her voice journal.

“Firsst up I’ve hired a freelance… uh… well… spy. Her name is Amarastine and I originally hired her to sspy on Vissic. Allied with him for the moment I may be, but I’m not sstupid. No matter how naive Rhune thinkss I am.”

“Through her effortss I have learned that Vissic operates out of Dalaran, likely in the depths of the Underbelly.”

“Rhune will jusst looooove that.” Ruby said drily.

Ruby continued: “With that mission completed I have put her to spying on Ravine, Rhune, and Scheen. Thiss iss too important to allow their protectiveness of me and wariness of Vissic to get in the way. I have to keep all of them alive. I won’t let their mortality take them away from me.”

“In addition to Amarastine I have found another ally in Philomene who I think iss interested in the idea of an extended life. She’ss usually more humble so perhaps this iss another encouraging ssign sshe iss coming out of her shell. She will also be watching after Ravine, Rhune, and Scheen when she iss able and may be useful when we go to… well I can’t say that out loud.”

“At least I’ve been able to talk to Scheen about something not related to this whole mess. She’s interested in the romance novel I am writing…”

“Oh wait… did I not mention that yet? Well I am. Scheen introduced me to the concept of the romance novel and I found they were a great deal of fun… however they’re always about MORTAL romances. It seemss to me there should be a novel about DRAGON romance… after all we love too. In our own way.”

“Anyway Scheen volunteered to be my editor and I gave her my handwritten manuscript to look over. She seemed very excited about it.”

“It felt sso good to be able to reconnect with her despite our disagreements of late. She’s a good friend.”

RubyBook

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner