Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Dragon’s Heart Pt. 4

AerialDuel For a brief summary and roster of characters in A Dragon’s Heart head here.

December 13th, 28th year after the Dark Portal

Our ambush of Vissic began well… and ended in disaster.

We waited for Vissic at an abandoned temple in the Storm Peaks near Ulduar. Scheen had forged Ruby’s handwriting using the manuscript from Ruby’s romance novel and sent Vissic a letter telling him to meet Ruby there.

All of us were there. Myself, Ravine, Scheen, and a death knight named Ariadne whose death was apparently Vissic’s fault. In addition Ravine had her voidwalker present and I had my mana elemental.

When the time came Vissic stood alone with his felguard.

Our initial ambush took Vissic completely by surprise. I couldn’t believe how easy it was. Scheen and Ariadne lay hidden within the temple while Ravine and I swooped in on dragon back. Together we hit him fast and hard. He fought back but given our numbers and the element of surprise he never really had a chance.

Until Vissic did something truly unexpected: he surrendered.

As an agent of the Kirin Tor I had no choice but to take him into custody to be tried for his crimes. My compatriots however did not see it that way and attempted to cut him down in cold blood. I fought in the villain’s defense though it weighed at my heart to do so. My companions were relentless however and the battle soon turned against me. In the ultimate irony Vissic was able to escape in the confusion, taking to the skies on his violet proto-drake after he knocked Scheen unconscious.

In a show of unbridled determination Ariadne leaped onto the proto-drake’s foot even as it began to lift off, trying to bring it down through sheer necromatic-given strength but not before the proto-drake shot forth a great blast of fire engulfing the foolhardy death knight. Badly hurt she fell to the ground below and Vissic’s proto-drake began it’s escape.

But not without pursuit.

Ariadne’s efforts managed to delay Vissic long enough for Ravine to mount her Netherdrake and give chase. What followed was an epic aerial duel in the skies above that almost brought the death’s of both participants and their dragons.

Even as fel magic and dragon fire brightened the skies above, a wounded Ariadne confronted me for my actions down below. I have decided to disregard the bloody nose I got as a result of that confrontation given her valiant if misguided efforts earlier.

Finally the aerial duel came to an end with Vissic fleeing for his life and a very battered Ravine and nether dragon landing before us.

The battle was over. Vissic had escaped.

Light… what will we do now? How will we stop him? How will we protect Ruby from… herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner