Monday, June 21, 2010

Ruby’s new UI- Ruby Sanctum

I spent the last two days creating what I think is the ultimate UI! Well for me anyway. I’ve been using Spartan UI but I just felt really cluttered and realized I didn’t need every button showing after all. So I got down to work and came up with my Ruby Sanctum theme based heavily on the BornabeUI BTex Druid skin. Much thanks to Bornabe from the WoWinterface forums for creating the original!

I’ve designed the UI to only show what I need to see, when I need to see it, and to otherwise just be inspirational art. I’ve posted two pictures, one when my character is doing absolutely nothing and the other with everything showing (though there is no time that all of the buttons would be showing at once).

WoWScrnShot_062110_230903 The first picture is of the UI in it’s natural state. The only parts of the game interface you can see is the mini-map with my lore mod button right below it, Ruby’s portrait, and a single row of buttons along the bottom allowing me to sprint, mount, a steath timer indicator, and my Gryphonheart Items button. Besides those it’s nothing but artwork from the Ruby Sanctum!

 

WoWScrnShot_062110_231255

Next is a picture with everything activated. The chat window only shows when people are chatting, Recount and Omen only show when I call them up, all of the buttons above the minimap and Recount as well as the bags only show up on a mouseover, and finally the rest of stuff you see only shows up during combat.

The combat buttons near the chat window are done 3x4 as it corresponds to my Razer Naga mouse. They’re just there to remind me which button is what when I forget.

The result is a clean and uncluttered UI that to me helps enhance the game rather than take away from it.

The following mods were used to create this UI:

-Btex Graphic UI Mod

-BornabeUI BTex Druid Skin

-Sexymap (not only lets me move the minimap but it provided the leafy border to match the rest of the UI).

-XPearl frames

Also used was the artwork from the Ruby Sanctum loading screen and a red drake taken from WoW Model Viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner