Thursday, May 27, 2010

My New Geek Hub…

Check out my new computer workstation/desk! It’s the Ikea Fredrik and I loves it very much! The desktop and both shelves can be set at different levels to customize it just the way you like. For mine I set the middle shelf down low to put both my screens at just the right height while keeping everything looking clean and organized.

In addition to the adjustable heights I got the accessories kit which gives you lot’s of little doodads to customize things even more. On the right side facing in you can see two cloth holders: the top one holds my cell phone and the bottom one has pens/pencils. On the right side facing outward there’s a place to  hang my headset and a large cloth waistbasket that I use to just hold random stuff. Clipped to the top shelf are paper holders, useful for things I need to remember for IRL as well as gaming.

The wooden keepsake boxes I also found at Ikea. The only two packages they had left. I thought they were sorta neat and matched the desk really well.

And of course I had to add some of my own personality in there… so the dragon-head bookshelves I got for Christmas finally found a place to loom, as well as a glassware dragon, and a wizard and a dwarf made from the ash of Mount St. Helens that I’ve had since a child.

And a wizard magnet stuck to the inside there… because I’m just that much of a geek.

Finally there’s a piece of plexi-glass cut to fit that protects the desktop from drinks and stuff. Can’t be too careful!

All in all I couldn’t be happier with it!

GEDC0153

And for those noticing my small collection of games doesn’t include World of Warcraft… err… I may have a shelf elsewhere dedicated to World of Warcraft merchandise. Maybe.

Hush! I never said I wasn’t a geek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner